Pet Procedures Offered
VCSS is proud to offer a wide range of pet procedures, learn more below.
- Digital radiography
- Digital fluoroscopy (mini C-arm)
- Arthrocentesis and joint fluid cytology
- Review of CT and MRI studies
- Review of referral radiographs
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Abdominal surgery, including gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, and urinary tract surgery
- Cardiovascular and respiratory surgery for diseases like laryngeal paralysis, etc.
- Reconstructive/plastic surgery
Oncologic (cancer) Surgery
- Biopsies (incisional, excisional)
- Removal of masses and tumors, including skin masses, abdominal and thoracic masses, etc.
- Limb-sparing surgery when appropriate
- Oral surgery and reconstruction
- Tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO)
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) has been a revolutionary technique for the treatment of cranial cruciate ligament (CCL) tears in dogs and continues to be our recommended treatment for most patients with CCL injury. After a TPLO, dogs generally return to weight-bearing and to normal activity more quickly and more predictably than with traditional procedures.
- Arthroscopic surgery for diseases like OCD, elbow dysplasia, etc.
- Fracture repair using plates/screws, pins, and/or internal or external fixators
- Extracapsular repair of cruciate ligament injury
- Patellar luxation correction
- Closed and open repair of joint luxations
- Ligament & tendon reconstruction
- Bone grafting
- Arthrodesis (joint fusion)
- Oral surgery and reconstruction (mandibulectomy, maxillectomy procedures)