Become a part of our team
Current open positions:
Certified Veterinary Technician (Surgery / Anesthesia)
Veterinary Cancer & Surgery Specialists is a locally owned, small animal specialty practice in Milwaukie, Oregon. We are looking for a full-time certified veterinary technician to join our team, with a primary focus on surgical assisting.
At Veterinary Cancer & Surgery Specialists, a Certified Veterinary Technician’s role on the surgery team has a primary emphasis on day-to-day patient care, managing surgical instrumentation, and being a sterile surgical assistant, while maintaining high-quality standards of care. As a Veterinary Technician at VCSS, you will be utilized in the full scope of your ability to practice and are an integral to daily success. The CVT at Veterinary Cancer & Surgery Specialists (VCSS) communicates, facilitates, and advocates for their pet families and patients.
At VCSS you will participate in a collaborative environment for your teammates, patients, and pet families by utilizing resources and support provided by the administration. The VCSS Veterinary Technician provides team and patient care that exceeds industry standards.
- A minimum of 3 years of practicing CVT experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening, dependability, patience, and flexibility
- Knowledge of veterinary workflows and procedures
- Strong communication skills to enable respectful and successful lines of communication among team members
- Familiarity with basic orthopedic procedures (TPLO, fracture repair, FHO)
- Graduate of an accredited veterinary technology program
- Veterinary technician license “in good standing” so the applicant is eligible to transfer license to Oregon
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. without assistance
- 3 or more years of experience working in a Specialty Veterinary Hospital
- Experience scrubbing in as a surgical nurse
- Experience processing sterile instruments
- Experience with gas and steam sterilization techniques
- Exposure to, or certification in Fear-Free animal handling techniques and philosophies
- Adaptability in various learning strategies and keen interest in continuing to develop as a technician and team member
- Strong organizational skills to help plan, prioritize, and collaborate effectively
- Full COVID vaccination, with boosters as advised by CDC guidelines, required for all staff
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- We are doing curbside check-ins, require clients to wear masks, and socially distance with staff, a limited number of clients are allowed in the building at this time.
- Health/dental/vision insurance (including alternative care)
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance plan through Regence Health
- Paid time off
- 8 Paid floating holidays
- 401(k) w/ Match
- Employee pet care discount
- Flexible schedule/four day work week
- No night, weekend or holiday hours
- License fee reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Professional development assistance
- Uniform allowance
- Bring your dog to work
- Work with an incredibly skilled and friendly team!
Salary: From $27 per hour