We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to our clients for your patience, understanding and continued support during this extraordinary and difficult time. VCSS is still open and seeing patients during regular business hours (8am – 6pm, Monday – Friday, closed Saturday/Sunday). Under the Governor’s Executive Order 20-10, most procedures normally performed here at VCSS are exempt from the limitations placed on more elective or non-emergency procedures. We have put in place multiple precautions and protocols to allow us to continue to serve patients seeking care and already under treatment, while also following state guidelines for conserving personal protective equipment (PPE). We review the rapidly changing recommendations daily, and are adjusting accordingly. We will recommend delay to any treatment that we feel can wait the suggested 3 month period, if that wait will not do harm. We are happy to speak with patient families and/or your primary veterinarian by phone if we can help with decision-making at this challenging time for all of us. We are reducing hospital traffic as much as possible, and are delaying non-urgent recheck appointments, and providing phone or email consultation whenever possible.
We have implemented social and physical distancing protocols to do our best to keep our staff and our patient’s families safe and healthy. We are absolutely committed to doing our vital part to trying to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We cannot allow clients inside the hospital at this time. Please see the following guidelines we have in place:
- Please keep in mind we are all in this together. We are doing our best. Your patience is truly appreciated. Since our front desk is receiving a much higher volume of calls, you may receive our voicemail. Please leave a message. We are checking messages ASAP and returning those calls as promptly as we can.
- If you have a non-urgent need, request, or question, please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond back to you within a few hours.
- IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS SICK: Do not come to VCSS. Call us and we will do everything we can to assist you remotely.
- If you have arrived for your scheduled appointment, please stay in your vehicle, and then call us at: 503-908-1492.
- We will obtain any pertinent information regarding your pet and their medical history over the phone.
- A technician will come to your vehicle to admit your pet to the hospital. To maintain the CDC’s mandated 6 feet social distancing, we will need your assistance for the check-in process.
- If you have a dog: You will need to remove your pets leash and collar, and put our slip lead leash on.
- If you have a cat: They must be in a carrier, no exceptions.
- Our doctors will do all communications over the phone, via email, or video chat.
- When you come to pick your pet up: Please call us when you arrive. The front desk will set up any necessary follow up appointments and take payment over the phone. A technician or doctor will go over any instructions with you over the phone.
- We will do our very best to keep you updated if things change. Our plan is to still stay open for as long as we possibly can and still provide you with the services you need. We are doing everything we can to keep our staff safe and healthy.
Thank you again for your patience! We appreciate our clients so much and truly hope everyone can stay healthy through this difficult time. Take care!
– The VCSS Staff